Imagine Your Story Summer Reading Program
The 2020 Summer Reading Program
June 1 thru July 31!
Readers of all ages can explore a world of fantasy this summer as Polk County Library presents “Imagine Your Story” during June and July.
Sign up for a reading challenge to log your reading throughout the summer and complete activities to earn badges. Earn badges to complete the challenge badge to earn a prize.
While in-person programming events will not be possible this summer, there is still plenty to do! View our free online programs. Some events may require registration and/or a code to access. Contact the library for registration details. Special online programming events include:
- “Percy Jackson Escape Room“ available June 1 thru July 31, 2020
- “Mike Anderson the Dulcimer Guy present Stories, Songs, and a Boing-Boing Thing” available June 1 thru July 31, 2020
- Mad Science presents “Frio the Dragon: Quest for Fire – Online” June 8 at 10:30 am
- Music Play Patrol presents “Bucket Drumming” June 18 at 11:00 am
- “Mush with Noggin the Sled Dog” presented by Karen Land (stories from the Iditarod)June 24 at 6:00 pm
- Jester Puppets presents “Fairy-tales Forever – Virtual” available the entire month of July
- Music Play Patrol presents “Campfire Songs and Activities” July 16 at 1:00 pm
- Priscilla Howe presents “Once Upon a Time, They Lived Happily Ever After” July 22 at 10:30 am
**hyperlinks will be added as each program becomes available for access**
FUN FOR ALL AGES! How it works:
- Visit Beanstack or download the Beanstack Tracker app
- Register for a family or individual account and add readers
- Log reading and activities
- Earn badges and prizes along the way!
Check out the 2020 Summer Reading program events below:
The library’s summer reading program was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services as administered by the Missouri State Library, a division of the Office of the Secretary of State.