The Polk County Library’s meeting rooms are available for use on a reservation-only basis.
Non-profit organizations, government agencies, and groups engaged in educational, civic, cultural, and intellectual activities may reserve meeting rooms for a non-refundable fee of $5.00/per use.
Organizations or individual patrons wishing to reserve the McDaniel Meeting Room for a larger gathering requiring use of the kitchenette will be charged a $5.00 non-refundable use fee and a $25.00 refundable cleaning deposit. The cleaning deposit will be refunded after a Library staff member has inspected the room and determined it was left in satisfactory condition.
The scheduling of Library activities in the meeting rooms will take priority over the scheduling of meetings for outside groups or organizations. Meetings can be held only during the Library’s open hours.
Meeting rooms are available to qualifying groups on an equitable basis. Qualifying groups can reserve room if space is available. When a group is permitted to use a Library meeting room, that does not in any way constitute an endorsement by the Library of the group’s policies or beliefs, and no claim to that effect nor claim to Library sponsorship may be used, explicit or implicitly, in advertising meetings held in the Library meeting rooms. Neither the name nor address of the Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization that uses a Library meeting room. The Polk County Library will make no effort to censor or amend the content of a meeting.
Responsibility of Organization
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and illegal drugs are prohibited in the Library meeting rooms.
- Refreshments may be served inside the meeting room only; they may not be taken into the main Library.
- Library staff cannot provide childcare services or facilities for supervision of the children of persons attending meetings in Library meeting rooms.
- Tables and chairs will be provided in a general room arrangement. The Library will not provide special set-up or arrangements.
- Each group must register at least once annually by completing a meeting room application form.
- Groups and individuals using the Library meeting room are responsible for basic cleanup and returning the room to order. Any equipment or displays brought in for a meeting must be removed at the end of the meeting.
- The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Damages to the premises, equipment, or furnishings as a result of meeting room use will be charged to the group responsible. Fees for excessive cleanup may also be charged.
- The group or organization and its members, jointly and severally, will assume and bear full responsibility for loss of, injury, or damage to any property of the Polk County Library caused or inflicted by the organization, its members, affiliated persons, guests, or invitees.
- Failure to comply with this policy and the accompanying procedures for our facility may result in denial of future use of the Library meeting rooms, financial liability for damages, and/or immediate removal from the meeting rooms.
- Groups may not hang banners or signs except on cork board or white board
Meeting Room Application
Please fill out the application and return it to the Library.