The videoconferencing systems in the conference and meeting rooms are available through the Pandemic Response Grant – Video Conferencing Setup project. The grant amount is $17,240.00, funded through the American Rescue Plan Act.
This project is supported by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the American Rescue Plan Act as administered by the Missouri State Library, a division of the Office of the Secretary of State.
The Polk County Library’s meeting rooms are available for use on a reservation-only basis.
Meeting Room Fees
- Bolivar McDaniel Meeting room up to 4 hours of use per day for a non-refundable fee or $25.00. A $5.00 fee is accessed for each additional hour. All groups and individuals must submit a $25.00 refundable deposit per use.
- Bolivar conference room, the Humansville meeting room, or the Fair Play meeting room up to 4 hours of use per day for a non-refundable fee of $10.00. A $3.00 fee is accessed for each additional hour. All groups and individuals must submit a $10.00 refundable deposit per use.
- Non-profit groups with a 501c3 and governmental agencies may reserve the meeting room for a non-refundable fee of $5.00 and the refundable deposit.
Deposits are refunded at the discretion of trained library staff. Remaining in a meeting space past allotted reservation, damages to library space and/or equipment, or excessive cleanup, may result in a partial or fully retained deposit.
The scheduling of Library activities in the meeting rooms will take priority over the scheduling of meetings for outside groups or organizations. Reservations are to be made with circulation desk staff and promptly written on the current calendar of events. Meetings can be held only during the Library’s open hours.
Meeting rooms are available to qualifying groups on an equitable basis. Qualifying groups can reserve room if space is available. When a group is permitted to use a Library meeting room, that does not in any way constitute an endorsement by the Library of the group’s policies or beliefs, and no claim to that effect nor claim to Library sponsorship may be used, explicit or implicitly, in advertising meetings held in the Library meeting rooms. Neither the name nor address of the Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization that uses a Library meeting room. The Polk County Library will make no effort to censor or amend the content of a meeting.
Organizations or individual may not charge an attendance fee. In certain instances, a materials fee may be requested to cover the cost of consumables used in program. This fee cannot exceed the cost of materials and permission must be granted in advance by Library director.
The Library Director may review requests for meeting room use and determine eligibility prior to granting approval. The Polk County Library Board of Trustees will be the final authority in granting or refusing permission to use the Library’s meeting room. Only the Polk County Library Board of Trustees may approve appeals for exceptions to the policies stated in this document.
Responsibility of Organization
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and illegal drugs are prohibited in the Library meeting rooms. Refreshments may be served inside the meeting room only; they may not be taken into the main Library.
- Library staff cannot provide childcare services or facilities for supervision of the children of persons attending meetings in Library meeting rooms.
- Tables and chairs will be provided in a general room arrangement. The Library will not provide special set-up or arrangements.
- Each group must register at least semi-annually by completing a meeting room application form. Limits to frequency of reservations by returning groups or individuals will be at the discretion of the director.
- The signing of this application form implies the group’s intent to comply with this policy and the procedures regarding the use of the Library meeting room.
- Groups and individuals using the Library meeting room are responsible for basic cleanup and returning the room to order. Any equipment or displays brought in for a meeting should not be left unattended and must be removed at the end of the meeting. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Damages to the premises, equipment, or furnishings as a result of meeting room use will be charged to the group responsible. Fees for excessive cleanup may also be charged. The group or organization and its members, jointly and severally, will assume and bear full responsibility for loss of, injury, or damage to any property of the Polk County Library caused or inflicted by the organization, its members, affiliated persons, guests, or invitees.
- Failure to comply with this policy and the accompanying procedures for our facility may result in denial of future use of the Library meeting rooms, financial liability for damages, and/or immediate removal from the meeting rooms.
Please fill out the application and return it to the Library.