Library Cards and Materials
Obtaining a Library Card
Polk County residents can obtain a library card by showing proof of residency when applying. The library requires a photo I.D. along with proof of address, which can include anything mailed to your current address, voter registration card, tax receipt, etc.
- Parent signatures are required to obtain library cards and computer use for youth under the age of 18.
- Individuals who live outside of Polk County but pay property taxes in Polk County may obtain a card free.
- Non-Residents may obtain a library card by paying an annual fee of $50.00.
Card Holder Responsibilities
- Cardholders are responsible for all materials checked out on their cards.
- A parent or legal guardian is responsible for all items checked out to minor children.
- Patrons MUST present a library card to check out materials or access computers.
- Understand that the library is not responsible for damage to patron devices when operating audiovisual materials.
Circulation Check Out Periods
You may have a total of 25 items checked out per card.
|Checkout Time Limit
|Checkout limit per card
|High Demand Fiction, DVDs, and Read Alongs
|Children's tablets and Circulating Laptops
|HotSpots, and Steam Kits
|All Other Materials
We love our Polk County Educators and are happy to offer specific services just for you! With school deliveries and extended checkout limits, our Educator Cards can provide you with tools and resources you wouldn’t receive with a normal library card.
- Check out up to 50 items and reserve up to 25 items
- 30-day checkout with 2 renewals
- Library employees will deliver and pick up materials at Polk County Schools every Tuesday and Thursday
- Check out all items, except genealogical and High Demand items, games, and puzzles
If you have questions about our Educator Cards, school tours or how the library can assist your classroom and school, please contact us!
1690 W Broadway St., Bolivar, MO 65613
417-326-4531 ext. 2005