Library Cards and Materials
Obtaining a Library Card
Polk County residents can obtain a library card by showing proof of residency when applying. The library requires a photo I.D. along with proof of address, which can include anything mailed to your current address, voter registration card, tax receipt, etc.
- Parent signatures are required to obtain library cards and computer use for youth under the age of 18.
- Individuals who live outside of Polk County but pay property taxes in Polk County may obtain a card free.
- Non-Residents may obtain a library card by paying an annual fee of $50.00.
Card Holder Responsibilities
- Cardholders are responsible for all materials checked out on their cards.
- A parent or legal guardian is responsible for all items checked out to minor children.
- Patrons MUST present a library card to check out materials or access computers.
- Understand that the library is not responsible for damage to patron devices when operating audiovisual materials.
Circulation Check Out Periods
|Material||Checkout Time Limit||Renewals||Checkout limit per card||Late Fee per day|
|High Demand Fiction and DVDs||7 Days||2||7||.15|
|New Books||21 Days||2||25||.15|
|DVDs or BluRay||21 Days||2||7||.15|
|Equipment and HotSpots||7 Days||0||2||1.00|
|Tablets||2 hrs||0||1||.15 per hour|